“Being a life-learner is an indispensable characteristic of being successful.”
– Darla D Hancock, The Social Market LLC
Although I think the ability to be a life-learner is developed growing up, as an adult it becomes a mind-set, a process.
I consider a “life-learner’ as someone who…
- Is willing to routinely examine their abilities, wants and purpose
- Prepared to listen to others and adjust deficiencies
- Prepared to lead others and give compliments
- Values the unknown
- Doesn’t rule out opportunities
- Confident in their own interests, gifts and talents
- Has perseverance and ingenuity
How do I think being a life-learner is part of the process of entrepreneurship? It trains you to…
- Always be open to different ideas
- Try new ideas, or at least consider new ideas
- Consider strange ideas
- Share brilliant ideas, even brilliant ideas can be improved
- Accept bad ideas.
Now, part of being a life-learner is the intuition, patience, self-control and decisiveness to make observations – making decisions based on the information you have around you [not to just take everything that comes your way].
But, since one person cannot know everything about an industry or business, it is a necessity to learn. Learn from other’s successes and knowledge. Learn from other’s mistakes. Learn from your own successes, stumbling-blocks, rejections and failures. Even the most inventive concepts can be elevated with a sliver of input from a different mind-set – yours or someone else’s. It’s up to you to consider if you’ll take advantage of all the possibilities available to you.
Consider the potential available to you – it’s an outlook on life – and it’s obtainable.
Fellow mogul, be a life-learner.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
This post is the first of my ACROSTIC-MOGUL series? To read more —> CLICK HERE
“Being a life-learner is an indispensable characteristic of being successful.” Darla #lifelearner @SocialMarketLLC
What’s the advantage of having an open-mind? Darla #lifelearner #ImbeddedMogul @SocialMarketLLC
Being a life-learner is a process – it’s an outlook on life and it makes success obtainable. #ImbeddedMogul @SocialMarketLLC
©2016 Darla D Hancock, The Social Market, LLC